On Veterans Day and every day, we recognize and honor our Loveland military veterans for their dedicated service, bravery and sacrifices. We are proud to be home to many veterans and to host events in their honor on Veterans Day and throughout the year.
We are also fortunate to have staunch local advocates who are dedicated to telling veterans’ stories, supporting their dreams, and connecting veterans to each other and to our community.
Check out our latest video where Kathi Wright, executive director of #LIVELOVELAND, interviews local historian and founder of the Northern Colorado Veteran History Project Brad Hoopes. Hoopes helps coordinate local events, from the annual parade (one of the top 50 veterans’ parades in the country!) to bell-ringing and more, while recognizing veterans through his writing, YouTube channel and advocacy.
Here are some of the latest events for veterans, families and community members:
- 2022 Veterans Day celebration kicks off on Friday at 4 a.m. with a city-wide bell ringing tradition, marking the precise local time that the armistice was signed 104 years ago.
- Annual Veterans Day Parade: November 11 at 11:11 a.m., featuring speakers, music, and an Air Force jet flyover
- Breakfast will be served at the Associated Veterans Club, 305 S. Cleveland Ave., between 6 and 10 a.m. Uniformed military will eat free; other adults will be charged $5, and children $3
- Lunch will be served at the Veterans Club at 12:30-2 p.m. Uniformed military will eat free; other adults are $5 and children $3.
- Light snacks and entertainment will be offered at the club starting at 4 p.m.
- Honor Flights: each September, veterans of the Vietnam War can fly for free to Washington D.C. to see all of the memorials
- YouTube channel: Remember and Honor
Take the opportunity to thank the vets in your life for serving our country and being true heroes.